An MLA of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, formerly known as Dalit Panthers, has made a controversial and highly offensive statement. Thol. Thirumavalavan, the chairman of the party and also an MP in Lok Sabha from Chidambaram, has said that all Hindu women are prostitutes. He claimed that this was written in Manu Smriti. Hear the clip below:-
This type of commentary is not new from so called “Dalit” movement leaders. Ramaswamy Naicker, who married his own adopted daughter, and is considered the tallest Dravidian leader, famously said that all Malyali women are prostitutes. In modern times, Bhim Army chairman has been seen abusing Hindu women on twitter.
Incidentally, Manu Smriti says that all women are to honored and that where women are honored, Gods reside in that place. However, it must be stressed that Manu Smriti is only a law book and not the foundational text of Hindu Dharma. Indeed, it is more like a guide than a strict rulebook. Law and law books change from time to time according to Hindu belief .
It remains to be seen if this foul mouthed goon, who has been elected an MP, is made to pay for his words. The Hindus of Tamil Nadu should teach him a lesson in next elections, but the Parliament should also take action and his statement merits a police case for creating enmity between communities.
If you like this article, please support me by sharing this article as much as possible. You can share this on facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc.
- To read my other articles, click here.
- To get updates of my new posts on Telegram channel, click here
- Training Shilpkars to ensure socio-economic justice and ensure demographic balance - 14th November 2020
- Uttarakhand’s takeover of Hindu Temples is unjustified and against Dharma - 8th November 2020
- Judgment calling for FIR against Uttarakhand CM is a travesty of justice - 7th November 2020